Legal Compliance Management
THIS COURSE IS NOT ON OFFER IN 2013
Course Co-ordinator: to be advised
Higher postgraduate course, first semester. Two one-week sessions (25 lectures per week) during the semester.
See Rules for LLM and MPhil Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas. Diploma Certificate course in Legal Compliance Management offered by UCT.
The main objectives of this course are to provide the student with:
- an appreciation of the relationship between good corporate governance, compliance and risk management
- an appreciation of the importance of the compliance function in a financial institution
- a knowledge of the operation of reliable and effective systems to manage and minimise the risk of material compliance failures
- the opportunity to acquaint yourself with the regulatory framework that governs financial institutions in South Africa.
- Selected aspects of Interpretations of statute
- Selected aspects of corporate governance
- Overview of selected new legislation
- The South African regulatory framework
- Enterprise-wide risk management
- Compliance policy
- Compliance strategy
- Compliance governance structures
- The compliance framework
- Compliance risk management.
Attendance at and participation in lectures. Completion of written assignment(s).
One (or more) written assignments: 40%